Search This Blog

American Idol Season 10: Top 12 performance show recap

Thursday, March 17, 2011

|


The Top 12 idol hopefuls had to sing hit songs from the year they were born.  There are some bad choice of songs but there are some who stood out. 

Here is my personal thoughts about tonight’s performance.

Naima Adedapo – “What’s Love Got To Do With It” (1984). I don’t know if the nerves are making her out of tune or the excitement. She has her own flavor but if she will be consistently sing the songs flat, she will be in big trouble. 

Paul McDonald – “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues” (1984). I really like his distinct style. His moves and his recording voice. I was amazed that it was an Elton John songs because he delivered the song in his own way considering he’s sick during this performance. Way to go Paul! 
Thia Megia – “Colors of The Wind” (1995). She sang it perfectly but my concern is she is singing ballad songs each and every week. She reminds me of Ramiele Malubay who sang beautifully but bored me at the end. Hopefully next week she will use the whole stage and enjoy the moment.

James Durbin – “I’ll Be There For You” (1989). He’s a really great singer but I did not like the arrangement of the song. He’s a great performer. I thought I was watching his concert! 

Stefano Langone – “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” (1989). He delivered the song very well. He proved that he really deserves the wildcard pick. One of the best performance of the night. He got some mad vocals!

Pia Toscano – “Where Do Broken Hearts Go” (1988). I did not like the arrangement of the song but Pia still sang the song very well. She nailed the high notes of the song. She’s the most consistent contestant of the show. 

Scotty Mccreery – “Can I Trust You With My Heart” (1993). He really has great country singer voice. I’m sure he made his parents proud with his performance. I Hope he will not sing another country music next week. 

Karen Rodriguez – “Love Will Lead You Back” (1989). I did not like the song choice and the hairstyle. Nothing special with the song and the arrangement. Sorry.

Casey Abrams – “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (1991). I like his fearlessness. He took risk. This may not be his greatest performance or may this is his weakest but who cares? He just enjoyed being on stage and sing hi s heart out. With this performance, he reminds me of Jack Black. He’s still my favorite!

Lauren Alaina – “I’m The Only One” (1994). She recovered from her performance last week. She had colds but she still controlled her voice and sounded good during the performance.

Jacob Lusk – “Alone” (1987). He really has a very powerful voice. He can sing anything!

My Top 3: Stefano Langone, Lauren Alaina, Scotty Mcreery

My Bottom Performer: Karen Rodriguez and Naima Adedapo

Share your thoughts about tonight’s performance =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you thia!

Post a Comment

Who is the best American Idol?

Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.
 

Total Pageviews

Disclaimer

All images are sourced from the internet, We claim no credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to it's respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and they will be promptly removed.
Music - Top Blogs Philippines

FeedBurner FeedCount