Search This Blog

American Idol Season 10: Top 13 performance show recap

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

|



The "Lucky 13" of American Idol Season 10 took the stage and performed songs from their own personal idols. There were some good and bad moments and some poor song choices, and there are some great moments.

Here is my personal thoughts on tonight's performance.

Lauren Alaina - "Any Man of Mine.” She’s a good singer but as of now she’s forgettable. She needs to pick it up. She needs to peak at the right time.

Casey Abrams – “With a Little Help From My Friends.” – it also reminds of the “Wonder Years” because this was its theme song. He’s very confident and he seems to enjoy the moment while he’s in the spotlight. I can say that I’m a fan of Casey!

Ashton Jones – “When You Tell Me That You Love Me.” Her performance was boring and so old fashion. With this performance I can say that the slot from the Wildcard should be given to Kendra or Rozen.

Paul McDonald – “Come Pick Me Up.” He’s also one of my favorites, I’m not familiar with his song choice but I can say that he’s ear candy. He has a recording voice that can sold millions of records. He has a very distinct voice and unique style.

Pia Toscano – “All By Myself.” She has a perfect tone and pitch. She’s a package, she’s got the looks and the talent. She’s great with ballad songs but she needs to show America her versatility to win the title.

James Durbin – “Maybe I’m Amazed.” For me this is the best performance of the night. He showed his versatility from soft start to powerful range. He proved that he can also show his softer side and not scream at a song all the time.

Haley Reinhart – “Blue.” I’m confused because I’m not sure what kind of singer she wants to be. But she can also sing a country song very well, she can yodel!

Jacob Lusk – “I Believe I Can Fly.” He’s a great singer but I did not like his performance. For me he oversang the song but I think America will vote for him. He has the charisma!

Thia Megia – “Smile.” Her performance was dull and I did not like the arrangement of the song. Her nerves was overpowering her. She has a very nice voice but if she cannot control her nerves, she will be going home in a week or two. I still like her.

Stefano Langone – “Lately.” He has a great tone. He did a great job with the dance mix version of the song. He’s confident and having a lot of fun on stage.

Karen Rodriguez – “I Could Fall in Love.” This is the weakest performance of the night for me. She was out of tune and you can feel her nerves while singing. She picked a song that she’s singing all her life and still messed up. She needs to pick it up if she’s still here next week.


Scotty Mccreery – “The River.” He has a very good low voice and sings country songs. But for me that’s it. His performance will be more boring if he sings like that every week. He has the charisma to stay longer in the competition.

Naima Adedapo – “Umbrella.” This is a performance level. She gave her all in this performance. It felt like I was watching her concert! She’s singing, dancing and enjoying her moment. She’s very unique and talented.

My top 3 – James Durbin, Pia Toscano, Casey Abrams
My bottom 3 – Ashton Jones, Karen Rodriguez, Lauren Alaina
This is the time to share your thoughts... Who’s your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the best American Idol?

Followers

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.
 

Total Pageviews

Disclaimer

All images are sourced from the internet, We claim no credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to it's respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and they will be promptly removed.
Music - Top Blogs Philippines

FeedBurner FeedCount